To make sure your app reaches its full potential, you need to take advantage of the features and promotional opportunities presented by popular social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
Chances are you already know that. But do you know how to make it happen? If not, don’t worry, we’re here to help!
Social operators know you want to tap into their resources, and they make it relatively pain-free to do so. On this blog, you’ll find step-by-step instructions on how to register an app with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest, so your users can share scores, milestones, status updates, and other info and achievements generated by your app — providing the promotion necessary to make that app a success.
We’ll start with the king of the social world: Facebook.
Start out by heading to developers.facebook.com. Then, follow these easy steps:
1. To get started, click the Apps tab at the top of the screen, then choose Create New App.
2. You’ll then see a popup screen, on which you’ll enter a Display Name that will serve as the name of your app.
3. After that, enter a Namespace that will appear in the URL. Make it similar to the Display Name, but with no spaces, punctuation, capital letters, etc.
4. Then choose the category that best suits your project, and click Create App.
5. No explanation needed here. Just punch in the characters, and move on.
6. After entering the code, you’ll be taken to your app’s dashboard. On the left side of the screen, you’ll see a menu that will allow you to enter your app’s info, or make your developer an admin so they can take care of it for you.
7. To punch in basic info, choose the App Details option from the menu bar. Now you can enter info and images, including an App Icon, which will show up in feeds.
8. To make your developer an admin, just click on Roles on the menu bar on the left side of the screen.
9. Then click Add Administrators, and enter the info you received from the developer, or anyone else you’d like to be listed as an admin.
10. If you decide that you don’t want your developer to be an admin (we won’t take offense, we promise), choose Settings from the menu bar, and click Add Platform.
11. You’ll see a popup, from which you should choose iOS. You’ll then be prompted to enter some info (Bundle ID, iPhone & iPad Store IDs) that you’ll find in other locations.
12. First, get your Bundle ID from your info.plist.
13. Then, get your iPhone and iPad Store IDs at itunesconnect.apple.com.
14. Finally, go back to the Add Platform page, and enter the info. Then hit Save Changes.
*Remember, you won’t see any changes on your app until it’s been submitted to the App Store!
That’s all there is to it. Now your app is registered with Facebook, and you’re ready to realize the benefits of a connection with the world’s largest social platform.
Do you have anything to add about registering with Facebook as a developer? Feel free to post to our comments section below!